Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Temptations

Today was a day of temptations. There seemed to be good tasting (but bad for me) food everywhere. We had a birthday celebration at work today with two different cakes. I would have normally had a small slice of each. You know, you have to try them both! Then, I went to H.E.B. to grab a few things and it must have been sample day or something. They were giving out samples of Chicken Lo Mein, Strawberry Pie, and some other lovely goodies. Obvisously I refrained (as I can't eat solid food).

So, my goal is to eat 700 calories, 70 grams of protein and drink at least 64 ounces of water each day. I know it sounds crazy but I am struggling to reach that goal everyday. I think because of that I felt kind of wimpy and puny today. I guess it's time to chug some beefcake shakes. I've been feeling kind of hungry, but when I do eat I think I feel full. It's a totally new and different feeling. I'm currently on the full liquids phase but can also eat pureed food. I have been eating lots of soup lately. Central Market makes a lovely baked potato soup! I am scheduled for my first fill at the end of April, so it's lots of soup until then. I pureed some chili the other day and let me tell you - not quite right. Obviously the flavor is the same, but the texture is WEIRD. Perhaps I'll just put that chili in the freezer and save it for when I can have solid food. I can't wait for solid food. But then again, I'm going to have to learn how to eat all over again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment