Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Survived!

Well, I made it. I'm pretty darn sore though.

Yesterday was the big day. My sister, Lisa was there with me all day and she wrote this play-by-play as things progressed -

[0545 – arrive and ready to check in

0700 – officially check in after running back to K’s house

0800 – K went into surgery

0943 – Dr. Ganta advised the surgery went well and K’s in recovery, nothing out of the ordinary, no complications

1105 – nurse came in to get K’s glasses since they are having her get up/around and she advised that it would be about another ½ hour before I could go back

1144 – asked for a status and went back to visit her in recovery, they are waiting on feedback from the radiologist from her xray

1200 – called all the old people (parents) with a status update

1225 – xray was clear and went back to hang with K

1252 – Green light heading out]

We made it home and I went right back down. I had a lovely little nap, took some more drugs and went walking around the neighborhood with Lisa.

I slept like a baby at night but getting up in the morning was another story. I had to have Lisa stand on the bed on top of me and pull me up. You should have heard the Tourette's I had this morning as Lisa was pulling me up! I was really sore!

I haven't been doing much besides taking my drugs, eating broth, walking around the neighborhood (very slowly) and napping. That's about all I can handle at this point. I can't wait until this soreness goes away!

4 comments:

Misty said...

Congrats to the first day of the rest of your improved life! Can't wait to start walking with you. Whooo hooo! I'm so excited for you!

~Babs said...

Yaaayy Kelly! So glad you are OK, looking forward to reading more about your journey and can't wait to have you back--I'll have a surprise for you ;)
Keep up the great work!!

Unknown said...

Just remember right now....drugs are your friend....=) Hope you feel less sore soon!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the support you guys! Can't wait to see y'all next week.

Post a Comment