Friday, March 26, 2010

Soreness, No Infection, & Beefcake Shakes

I'm still feeling pretty sore today too. I think Dr. Ganta punched me in the ribs when I was knocked out. For some reason I am still having shooting pains in my left side in the rib area. Funny thing is there is no incision there. I have no idea why this area hurts. He said that most people aren't sore at this point but for some it takes a few more days. Of course I would be the exception.

Yesterday I went to Dr. Ganta's office because I thought one of my incisions was infected. It was kind of red and puffy looking. He took off my steri-strips, cleaned the big incision and said that he didn't think it was infected. Thank God! He gave me a prescription for some antibiotics just in case.

I told him that I had been doing the clear liquids part of my post-op diet and that it really sucked. I asked him if I could move on to the full liquids phase, which includes the protein shakes and soup, and he said yes! Yea! No more broth! I went home and had a peanut butter and chocolate protein shake for dinner. It was pretty tasty.

Today Lisa and I are having a day of pampering. We are getting our hair cut and she is treating me to my very first facial. I can't wait to see what that is like.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like an awesome day. Sorry you are still so sore, but happy for you you can quit the broths. Ann

Jess said...

We miss you friend!! I hope you are feeling better and there is no more soreness...

Post a Comment