Monday, April 12, 2010

Cherry Fage

I have never liked yogurt. It is too tart and just plain old weird. But, in the spirit of changing my lifestyle, I am trying new things. I kept hearing about the wonders of Greek yogurt. So, I decided to give it a try. I thought I would like one that was sweeter so I tried some that were honey flavored. Nah, not a huge fan. Then I saw that they made some with cherries on the side. I thought "I like cherries. I suppose I should give it a whirl." So I did. And you know what? I like it. Of course my favorite part is the cherries, but it helps me get down the yogurt part. And it is really good for me considering it has 10 grams of protein, which I so desperately need. Anywho, if you're in the grocery store and want to see what I'm talking about, grab a container. It's pretty tasty. Here's what to look for -






You have to make sure to get the Fage (pronounced fah-yeh) brand. They also make some with strawberries, peaches, and honey. And if you go to the Fage website you can download a coupon for $.50 off.

There is a downside though. It's not exactly cheap. One container (one serving) is $2.19. I just spent $20 at H.E.B. yesterday to stock up. I think that I may get to the point where I will buy the big tub of the plain flavor and make my own cherry sauce. That might be better (and cheaper).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Fage! My daughter introduced it to me about 1 year ago. I buy the big container and then buy Agava to sweeten it. Add some granola and viola!! a wonderful, decadent treat in my opinion. Happy FAGE eating! Jinnie

TLM said...

HEB? you must be a Texas girl! Welcome!

Jillyboo said...

I really like the greek yogart made by Chobani. It comes in blueberry, strawberry, peach, and honey. It has 14g of protein and is delicious!!

Post a Comment