Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Whey Crisps


I bought the coolest product the other day. It's called Whey Crisps.


They are tiny (hamster pellet-like) things that have loads of protein in just one scoop. They come in chocolate flavor (which I bought) and regular flavor. They are the exact same thing as protein powder, but crispy and in the shape of tiny pellets.


What do I plan on doing with them you ask? Well, I am planning on making my own protein bars, amongst other things. I see Whey Crispies Treats (rice krispies treats but with Whey Crisps) in my future as well. Mmmmm.

The Whey Crisps website also has some great recipe ideas for things like brownies, cake and cookies using the Whey Crisps.  I think I'm going to have to get the regular flavor too and put them on my yogurt and use them for "breading" chicken breasts. (Obviously the chocolate flavored crisps are sweet, but I don't think the regular flavor is).

Some of the recipes on their website may need a little tweaking to make them better suited for weight loss surgery patients, but at least they give you a good idea of the possibilities. I haven't made anything with them yet, but will share recipes and photos when I do get around to using them. Check them out.... Whey Protein Crisps - Chocolate, Ready to Eat

3 comments:

Misty said...

Ohhh that sounds great! Please let me know how this turns out.

Anonymous said...

can you put milk on it and eat it like cereal?
-erika g.

Kelly said...

You sure can. I'm gonna have to try that!

Post a Comment