Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Doctor Visits and Update

I went to my primary care physician last week to discuss my routine lab work.  When she walked in the room she mentioned that they were all very excited for me to come in that day. She said that my cholesterol was way down and that I should take half the dose of the medication I am taking now. She said that perhaps the next time I come in she will take me off of my choloesterol medications completely! She also lowered my thyroid medication a bit as well. She was very pleased with my weight loss and told me she couldn't wait to see me next time.

I also went to my sleep medicine doctor yesterday. I am doing better with wearing my CPAP, but occasionally I wake up with the mask on my forehead. I can't stop myself from doing it though. Also, once I took the mask off and put it under the pillow... still going.  Despite that, she said I was doing pretty well, and to keep wearing it every night. I can't wait until I never have to wear that thing again. A while back I asked when it would be possible to do another sleep study to determine if I need the CPAP or not anymore. She said that she would repeat the sleep study when I had lost about 100 pounds. 100 pounds! Really? Well, I guess I'm at least half way there.

I'm doing well on the Hot Summer Meltdown Challenge and the challenge at work. I have been visiting the fitness center at my apartment complex pretty often. I have also recorded some shows on the Fit TV channel and plan to check those out and do those in the comfort of my own home. I hope that I will find a show or an exercise that I love and will really want to do it. I keep hearing about Zumba and would like to try it. However, I am terribly uncoordinated and can't dance to save my life. That should be interesting. I'm going to try it at home first so that no one will laugh at me except my dog, Bruno. Wish me luck...

4 comments:

-Grace- said...

It's awesome that you are almost off your meds!!! Fantastic news :)

CC said...

:-)

Liz - Lizzle - Libby Lou said...

YAY!!!!!!! HOLY COW! Comin' off meds (or descreasing them) must be super exciting! I'm very proud of you!

Misty said...

GREAT JOB! Keep up the good work Kelly!

Post a Comment